Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome to Mariner Maverick

Welcome, my name is Alec, and I am a die hard fan of both the Seattle Mariners and the Dallas Mavericks.  An odd combination, I know, but I follow them both religiously.  While my fandom for both is equal, I am at heart a basketball fan, and I feel much more comfortable making observations and comments on the NBA than I do on the MLB.  In light of this, my content will initally contain more analysis of the Mavericks.  I will use the blog to create link roundups of the Mariner blogosphere (the most knowledgable community I have come across in any sport for the most part), and voice my inexpert (and generally superficial) opinions on what has recently been one of the worst run franchises in sports.  As I begin my blogging, my posts will focus on the Mavericks (convenient as the season is just beginning, but I will try to expand my horizons.

Enjoy!

Oh, and I will have more posts writing about other blogs and/or writers who influenced me/I respect.

No comments: